Data Privacy Statement
The data protection policy of ASM Assembly Systems
The protection of personal data is a very important concern of ASM Assembly Systems GmbH & Co. KG (hereinafter also referred to as “ASM SMT”, "we" or "us"). We therefore conduct our activities in accordance with the applicable legal provisions for the protection of personal data and data security. The following information will explain what information we collect, how we handle it and who we make it available to. In the following we wish to inform you about the processing of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 - hereinafter referred to as "GDPR").
As a rule, you can visit the pages of ASM Assembly Systems without us needing any personal data from you beyond that which is automatically transmitted as part of the technical framework required to call up the web pages.
Section 1 Information about the processing of personal data and the controller
- In the following we provide information about the processing of personal data when you use any of our Web sites (e.g. www.asm-smt.com, www.asemo.world) hereinafter referred to as "Web site". Personal data is all data that is personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
- The "controller" pursuant to Article 4, Paragraph 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the "telemedia
- service provider" pursuant to Section 2, No.1 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) is
ASM Assembly Systems GmbH & Co. KG
81379 Munich, Germany
Phone number: +49 89 20800-27819
Fax: +49 89 20800-36692
ASM Assembly Systems GmbH & Co. KG is represented by ASM Assembly Systems Management GmbH. This company is in
turn represented by its managing directors Günter Schindler and Mike Möhlheinrich.
You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our regular mail address for the attention of
- When you contact us by email or via a contact form, the data you provide (your email address and where applicable your name, your company name and your telephone number) will be stored by us to allow us to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this context after storage is no longer necessary, or restrict processing if statutory retention obligations pertain.
- If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our content or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the relevant processes below. We shall also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
Section 2 Your rights
You have the following rights which are enforceable against us with regard to personal data relating to you:
- Right to information and a copy of the stored personal data relating to you (Article 15 GDPR),
- Right to rectification of incorrect personal data (Article 16 GDPR),
- Right to erasure and right to be forgotten (Article 17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR)
- Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
Furthermore, you have the right to withdraw your consent in respect of data protection at any time (Article 7, Paragraph 3 GDPR) without incurring any costs other than transmission costs at basic tariff. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Withdrawal of consent can be declared to our data protection officer.
Insofar as we base processing of your personal data on the weighing up of interests, you may object against processing (Article 21 GDPR). This is the case if processing is not necessary, in particular to fulfill a contract with you, which process we present in the following description of the functions. If you exercise this right to object, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the way in which we do. In the event that you object and provide reasons, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or explain to you our compelling legitimate grounds, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
You can, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time without giving reasons and without the necessity for interests to be weighed up. You can inform us of your objection to advertising using the following contact data: email@example.com.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant data protection authority (Article 77 GDPR), in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR. For us, the following supervisory data protection authority has particular responsibility:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht
Section 3 Purpose limitation
ASM Assembly Systems will collect, use or disclose personal data supplied by you online only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless: the collection, processing or use of the personal data is for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected; is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you; is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities; is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense; is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on ASM Assembly Systems data security systems.
Further information on the limitation of the purposes for individual processing activities can be found in the separate topic-related data protection statement at the end of this page.
Section 4 Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
The following list provides you with an overview of the currently known recipients of the obtained personal data:
- Public authorities that receive the data on the basis of statutory regulations (e.g. social insurance agencies, tax authorities, supervisory authorities).
- Internal instances that participate in the execution of the relevant business process (primarily: human resources, accounts, financial accounting, purchasing, marketing, general administration, sales and IT). This may also comprise employees of the named departments in other companies of the ASM Group provided that the department is a central department that also undertakes tasks for ASM Assembly Systems.
- External contractors (service providers such as lettershops, IT service providers, etc.) who work for us in accordance with instructions and whom we have obligated in accordance with Article 28 GDPR.
- Other external bodies, e.g. banks for salary payments, other companies, insofar as the person concerned has given their written consent or transmission is permissible for reasons of overriding legitimate interest.
Further information on possible additional or different recipients for individual processing activities can be found in the separate topic-related data protection statement at the end of this page.
Section 5 Security
We will implement technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful deletion, modification or loss, as well as against unauthorized disclosure or unauthorized access.
Section 6 Transfer of personal data to third countries
Insofar as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the contract, for internal communication or administration within the ASM Group, or due to a service provider being domiciled in a third country - outside the European Union and the European Economic Area - your personal data may also be transferred to third countries if the data protection requirements are met.
If data is transferred to third countries, then this is always preceded by an in-depth examination and assessment by our Data Protection Officer. Furthermore, such transfers may take place only if the body in the third country affords an appropriate level of data protection or there are suitable guarantees that ensure an appropriate level of data protection at the said body (Article 45 ff. GDPR) or if such guarantees are exceptionally not required (Article 49, Paragraph 1, Subparagraph 1 GDPR). Should you wish to receive further information about the guarantees in any individual case, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Further information on the transfer of personal related data for individual processing activities can be found in the separate topic-related data protection statement at the end of this page.
Section 7 Sources of personal data that we do not collect directly from you
Currently, we do not obtain personally identifiable information from other sources (such as address merchants). Your personal data will either be entered directly by you or passed to us when concluding a contract. As part of the processing of personal data, we may also receive the information from the person who sends it to us (e.g., the sender of an e-mail, the sender of a third-party application)
If you transfer personal data of third party to us, you are obliged to comply with all data protection requirements. This includes in particular the obligations under Articles 5 to 9 and 12 ff. DS-GVO. Otherwise, we have no desire to obtain information about this data and, moreover, we take legal action against you.
Section 8 Automated decision-making, including profiling, as described in Article 22 GDPR
Your personal data will not be used for the creation of a profile or for automated decision-making as required by Article 22, Paragraphs 1 and 4 GDPR. However, if in certain defined processing situations, automated decision-making should take place, you will be informed of this separately and we request separate prior consent from you in such cases.
Section 9 Use of Google Fonts
Our web site is using some Fonts provided by Google. To show these fonts it is required to establish
a connection to the servers of Google. During this process no personal related data will be tracked or stored.
Additional information for the usage of the Fonts can be found on the Google FAQ page.
Topic-related data protection statements
Usage of our web sites